Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Music Life Lessons - For Students

I remember being in school, in our music programs, but I honestly don't remember being 'taught' too much. I mean I had good teachers in band, but unless I just wasn't paying attention - which I highly doubt - teachers just didn't have time to really educate theory of music, they just pretty much told us to 'read this' or 'do this'.

Thats fine for a student who was just in band because their parents wanted them to play an instrument, but it did no good to the student who really wanted to be a musician for their careeer choice. That is where I think school music education lacked.

As much as I can over the next few blogs I am going to visit some VERY IMPORTANT areas students need to pay attention in, or even self study, if you want to pursue a career in music. I found out myself the hard way that natural talent could only get you so far, but eventually you need a 'solid education & routine' in order to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment